View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Rockdawg, it's stupid because you are sitting there wishing that the MLB will fail just because you don't like it. It's still one of the biggest sports in the country, and it always will be, so lots of people disagree with you.
Hold up. I'm not wishing it will fail because I don't like it. I'm wishing it will fail because the players cheat by using drugs, they're already rich and then bitch they're not making enough money and go on strike, and they don't even have a salary cap. Teams like the Yankees will always have high ticket sales, charge more for tickets, get major advertising endorsements, sell more food and beverage items, etc. Because of this, they will constantly buy the best players and keep the stands full every game of the year. Other teams, say for example, the KC Royals, will NEVER be able to compete because of the salary cap. The top teams will always be on top while the other teams will always be on bottom.

What I'd hope, is that a new company could emerge from all this controversy but the average MLB fan could seem to care less if their sport is tainted.