View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 01:40 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Rockdawg, it's stupid because you are sitting there wishing that the MLB will fail just because you don't like it. It's still one of the biggest sports in the country, and it always will be, so lots of people disagree with you.

Spirit, your logic is just flawed, and your other post DOES NOT make sense. "It isn't the fault of the users, it's a fault in the athlete"?! WTF?

Seriously, while you were busy going on a tirade about Cardinals players getting arrested and Kobe Bryant being a rapist, you seem to forget about people like Rampage Jackson going on a literal rampage, and people like Justin Levens murdering his girlfriend then killing himself. I could go on. MMA has had it's problems, besides just grossly underpaying their fighters. We have seen fixed fights, questionable title-shots, and constant accusations of cheating.

You act like you are sitting on some high horse by saying that guys in the NBA, MLB, and NFL are overpaid, when in reality you are not taking into account WHY those players are paid what they are. Those franchises make a LOT of money, and their players are the reason for that. Unlike in the UFC, the biggest stars are compensated FAIRLY and HANDSOMELY for their role in putting asses in the seats. The rest of the guys get paid good because they have unions that see to it. That is not wrong, that is FAIR. Actually, I could even make an argument that players in the NFL are getting shafted by the league because the NFL refuses to open it's books and show what they are really making in profit.

In one breath you reluctantly try to bring yourself to agree with me by saying you think all fighters should get paid more, but that you think they are doing okay because sponsors take care of them. So which is it? Are they making enough money or not?

Bottom line is the UFC underpays ALL their fighters, and the ones at the bottom of the totem poll are hardly raking in the big bucks from sponsorship deals. Then on top of it, the UFC pays them peanuts to come in and get knocked out. Yeah, that's really honorable busiiness practices. Send a guy out to get KO'd in front of millions of people for 10 grand, while some 2nd stringer in the NBA is getting league minimum and STILL making more money than the highest paid fighter on any UFC card.

As for banned substances being rampant in MMA, IT IS, deal with it. In fact, if I am not mistaken, I believe it was only a year or two ago where I read that Matt Hughes himself said there is a LOT of people doing it. Somebody please correct me on that if I am wrong. It is a problem in ALL sports right now, not just ONE.

Your statistics on the number of people arrested is just funny. Seriously, did you forget how many MORE players are in those leagues? Really? Did all logic simply escape you when typing that?

But the ONE thing you said that shows me you don't know what you are talking about is THIS...

Quote:
When was the last time you heard a pro quarter back say "thanks" to "nike", when was the last time you heard a center say... "this game is dedicated to ..."...
Or thanks to my coaches...

Next time maybe you should actually watch football before you comment on it...