View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba
You took most of the words out of my mouth rockdawg.

I was going to say the length may not be super duper impressive (43 feet), but that weight (1.5 tons) is massive. The sheer crushing force psi would be amazing. And did you see the comparison of an 17 foot anaconda bone vs. this animal's bone? That is crazy.

I would be curious to find out if this snake could have eaten an average adult human, or would our shoulders still get in the way? I know present day snakes, if eating an adult, get stuck right around the shoulder area. Although some scientist suggest if an adult were layed on their side, a snake might be able to consume them (don't know how much truth there it behind that statment).
Yeah, I was watching something on APL a few years ago where they took a duck and put pressure sensors all over its' body. A 12-foot anaconda was tested for it's crushing power. The guy running the experiment estimated that the power would be kind of equivalent to a small vehicle on the chest of a human. Turns out, it was more like 3 buses!

Now if a 65 pound, 12-foot anaconda has that type of crushing power, I couldn't even imagine the power of a 43 foot, 2500 pounder! That's just unfathomable strength!