View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 01:14 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
Fedor going to Strikeforce is crushing. I dont blame Fedor because I'm sure those that stand to gain the most from keeping him out of the UFC have completely convinced him its the right thing to do.

But umm, yeah, I'm a Commercial Plumber/Contractor. My Company covers all of Coastal/Middle Georgia, South Carolina and Northern Florida. Why?
Just wondering if you ever tried to make easy money. Or if you ever picked a job because it would benefit you more than another. What if someone told you that you should go to work for a another company because they had a higher rating than you instead of working for yourself? AND acting like you were a piece of shyte if you didn't...

Would that be fair?

Forgive me, "rant on" and I am only using you as an example and mean nothing personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
Well, people are pissed. Fedor Inc ducked the UFC in favor of easy money and easy fights. People see that as weakness, and its apparent Fedors management is terrified of lossing their cash cow in the shuffle of the UFC, most notably with Brock. I love Fedor a lot, seriously, but as a fan of MMA, I am disgusted with his management. They are cockroaches.

I want MORE people to call Fedor Inc. out on that crap because really, thats what needs to happen. They are looking for easy money, and that pathetic behavior should not be rewarded, not when the end result will be the destruction of Fedors legacy, which deserves to be remembered as the greatest of all time, not "the guy that was scared of the UFC".

Okay, so you either go to work for UFC plumbing or you are weak. You should want to work for the best, the biggest company getting the biggest jobs. You do that or you are terrified of losing your cash cow. If you don't or if you offer an employee more money to keep them from going then you are pathethic and disgusting. Not to mention you are nothing but a cockroach. Yes, you are a pathethic, disgusting cockroach if you try to stay at David Banner Plumbing, Inc and make it on your own instead of going to work for UFC plumbing.

See how it looks from the outside? Fedor is a business man just like you. You do great plumbing, he does great fighting. You market your plumbing and he markets his fighting. In my eyes, there is nothing wrong with trying to make it on your own instead of giving up and working for The Big Man.

On top of that, Fedor may be doing us the biggest favor EVER in the history of MMA. The comment "those that stand to gain the most from keeping him out of the UFC". WE are the ones that have the most to gain from Fedor staying out of the UFC. UFC has been threatening for years to get the UFC on network TV. Well, now that Fedor has signed with Strikeforce they are scrambling to get it done. Without any other MMA org then the UFC has a monopoly and can stay on pay-per-view indefinitely and charge as much as they like. And Strikeforce is a very real threat. If you are a 'fighter' fan or just a fan of UFC then that is fine. However, if you are a fan of MMA or fighting and you watch a Strikeforce show you will see exactly what I am talking about. The last 3 Strikeforce shows have been awesome. EVERY fight could be considered as good as a UFC fight of the night.

Competition = better for the fans/customers in ANY market. So whether Fedor is only doing it for the money or even if he doesn't realize it, he is doing MMA fans a great favor.

Last edited by Neezar; 08-31-2009 at 02:05 PM.