Thread: Your Funeral
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Chuck...when you go married...did you let your family choose the songs and stuff?

A funeral is even MORE personal then a Wedding...you also dont take into consideration the fact that not all familes are Christian...supposeing the Christian Dies and the family decide they want a Humanist Funeral?? Would that be okay by you? what about those families with an air of estrangement?

NO

It is my funeral, and it will be planned out and had better go exactly as I want it, because the Funeral is the Finale to my Life. It gives an important START to something new. Its a Journey and it should reflect a Journey, and mine does...when I get back from the gym I shall share with you all, my plans
Dave I think there is a huge difference all the way around between a wedding and a funeral... poor analogy IMO...

And forgive me but I can't help but laugh when I read your post... nothing illustrate my point of it being selfish then the last part of your post....

I really love this sentence...(emphasis added)

I can just hear you in your accent with your arms crossed and your bottom lip out... you remind me of Violet from Willy Wonka...
"NO

It is my funeral, and it will be planned out and had better go exactly as I want it, because the Funeral is the Finale to my Life."