View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 03:18 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
then why did dana white say 10 million times that it was *f*cking illegal* what his corner did to him, and also said the guy who did it should be banned from cornering anyone again? and why did the athletic commission say it was illegal and why did they try to wipe it off GSP's body right after it was applied? and why would the NSAC institute the "BJ Penn Rule" which all started because of the penn vs GSP II fight? why would they do all that if it was legal? sorry, but i trust the president of the UFC and the athletic commission over some random guy on the internet. it's ridiculous to claim that he did not break any rules at this point. sorry, but GSP cheated.
Dana was wrong.... I'm a huge DW fan bro but in this case he was just mistaken... it's not the first time.... probably wont be the last.

Same goes with the NSAC guys in the Octagon. It's not the first time a rule has been misinterpreted.

A few people on here posted the rule during that whole fiasco and I don't wish to stir that pot up again but I believe the old rule didn't say "grease" was illegal... that's the whole reason for a new rule. IF the old rule said what GSP did was wrong not only would he have been punished but there would be no need for a new rule.

And for the record... I still think the BJ folks blew this WAY out of proportion. Phil is guilty of being careless but I've never believed it was an intentional act to gain an advantage nor have I ever believed it impacted the fight in any way. There is video of other fighters having the same thing happen as well as fighters like AS putting their hands directly on their body with vaseline on them and nobody makes an issue about it. It's just BJ fans and GSP haters looking for a reason to wimper.....

IMO anyway