View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
The ice age was pre flood.

I dont know if the Ice Age happened in reality or whether its just backdated time, but you know what I mean. I have to say though, that it would have been dead LONG before the Biblical flood...if you dont believe in the iceage, you must say that everything like that is backdated, this means its a reflection of what could have happened naturally to lead TO the creation event.

Probably never took place in reality...if that makes sense.
Well, I believe the "Ice Age" is just a misreading of the evidence. If there really was a global flood, then you would expect the water near the poles of the Earth to freeze, which is what I believe science mistakes for the Ice Age.

As mentioned before, dating methods aren't reliable and studying the strata of the Earth doesn't provide consistent results. Besides a global flood that lasted a year, could have laid hundreds or thousands of layers of sediment on the earth before the waters receded. Most likely, those layers are mistaken for periods of time, that science believes span millions of years, when they probably all happened over the course of a year.

The Bible tells us to put our faith in the "foolishness of GOD" before the wisdom of men, so when GOD says that He created the universe in 6 days, I see no problem with believing that.