View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscomc
Im not saying he should get a get out jail free card. I was trying to explain that past experiences with Cops during his youth, a time of definite racial disparity and a time where some cops were known to treat blacks poorly and not fairly may have contributed why he blew up at the cop....and you dont think that that holds ANY water at all? ...you dont care what he has been through? Do you have any clue what life was like for some people in his youth, because of things like race? Do you? I mean do you really? No you probably do not. You dont think times like that shape a man as he grows older? I think they might. On top of that, I have still not heard the full dialogue between Gates and the officer...and I MEAN THE FULL THING. From the time he introduces himself as an officer, and gates' original response. All I have heard, courtesy of ABC news (with my main man charlie gibson) is a 30 second clip where the officer tells his dispatcher that he needs backup. Who knows what the cop could have been saying to gates before that (or vice versa). He really may have been out of line in the way he spoke to gates, or the way he continued to speak to gates afterwards. We dont know, because a cops word always count for more, and thats why some cops run rampid with the power they have. What are you going to tell me next, there is no such thing as bad cops?
The fact is you don't what he has "been through". Unless you have a detailed knowledge of his youth you are making assumptions. Whatever his experiences as a youth, he is not allowed to disobey the police. Are you going to tell me there is no such thing as bad black professors?