Thread: Please explain!
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
This has been proven untrue.

From time to time, rumors circulate that thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative once used in several vaccines (and still used in some flu vaccine), could contribute to ASDs. However, valid scientific studies have shown there is no link. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the American Medical Association (AMA), the CDC, and the Institute of Medicine (IOM) agree that science does not support a link between thimerosal in vaccines and autism. For the IOM report, please go to http://www.iom.edu/CMS/3793/4705/4717.aspx

From: http://www.aap.org/advocacy/releases...arentfacts.htm

~Amy
How do they explain a healthy normal child who gets vaccinated and then becomes autistic? This is what puzzles me. I think there must be something in certain people (in their genetic make-up) that predisposes them when given certain vaccines to autism. I just don't think they can "lump" every person together when they say there is no link whether to the thimerosal or something else within the vaccines that is reacting negatively to that person's body where the outcome is autism or some other disorder. They admit that the increase in autism "may" be due to certain factors and that they still do not know the cause of autism. So how can they 100% rule out that in certain individuals these vaccines might "trigger" something in their brains...

Look at what's happened to some young girls/women given the HPV vaccine. We've heard where some suffered paralysis and even death after given the vaccine while others had no such adverse side effects. One study shows that "all" young women between the ages of 18-26 should get this vaccine while the American Cancer Society says that not all young women between 18-26 need this vaccine. So who are you to believe?

All I'm saying is if I had a child who was walking and talking and interacting and then he got a vaccination and all that was reversed and he was then diagnosed as autistic, I would definitely have ?s about whether that vaccine played a part in what happened to my child. Why are some people allergic (in some cases fatally) to bee stings, penicilin, codeine or to peanut butter and others aren't?

Sorry, Amy, my thoughts on this aren't meant to be disrespectful to you or your views, but rather to question all these organizations claiming such a "blanket" statement regarding a link. They think there isn't a link, I think they just haven't found it yet. I've learned from my own personal medical experience that sometimes doctors try to fit all of us in the same cookie cutter mold that we all don't necessarily fit.

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-24-2009 at 07:03 PM.