View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 10:37 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
lesnar is a beast no doubt ... but the size thing is very important ... think about the GSP/BJ fight ... the nite of the fight, GSP was about 185 and Bj 170 ish .. that is 15 pounds ... and GSP dominated him ... some people say BJ is better technical, i disagree .... he is better in BJJ and that is it .. but that 15 pounds was huge, GSP was able to control him ... now brock weighed 265 at the weigh ins and couture, mur, they weighed 220 and what 235-240? nite of the fight, brock was probably 280 or more ... that's 40-60 lbs ... that for sure is going to play a factor ...

I think it came/comes down to mobility. Brock at 265/280 has the physical zip of a Welterweight while Frank seemed to be more physically impaired, if not a little awkward. I think weight can certainly make a difference but I think the way one carries the weight is what makes all the difference. To me, Frank looked just as heavy as Brock, except he was a little messy. It seemed like Frank put a lot of talk behind matching Brocks weight, which he thought would neutralize Brocks power, which in the end, I think it played against him,IMO.

I think Mirko will put on a good fight against Brock, both guys love to stand up so it should be interesting.