View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 02:37 AM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN
Oh Mac. Vietnam vets have a special place in my heart. When I'm out with my dad he wears his purple heart cap or is Vietnam Vet cap and people will stop us and shake his hand and tell him thank you. Makes me tear up every time. He started telling stories to me about it when I was there this last visit. He is finally able to talk about it some. He has tons of pictures and video from there. Mom is taking it to a place and having it put on DVD. It's from an old reel-to-reel type video. We have VHS tape of some of it.

~Amy

Im kinda doin a car in a subtle sort of way for the war vets , themed towards Vietnam. Back in the 60's was the Heyday for a certain type of race car known as a gasser. Straight axle , nose up , big motors and radiused wheel wells. The car is a 55 chevy , All the gassers had cool names so mines name is " Run Through The Jungle" one reason , Vietnam , and the second is the song by CCR. THe trunk lid will have a big POW/MIA , right in the middle. It all kinda ties in , the Era of the car , the style , the name and the Symbol. There is a short video of my progress so far on youtube done to the song.

http://www.youtube.com/user/macfrederick

Last edited by Mac; 02-05-2009 at 02:43 AM.