View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 01:57 AM
mscomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Gosh I say someone just bomb Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Iran. Nothing good will ever prevail outta those countries.. Sick mother effers... Sad thing is the families really believe the dead relatives whether its a child, man, or woman are heroes... Just sickening...
Well, I can hear what your saying. But look at this way.

When a U.S soldier dies, I imagine you are sad for him/her and their family? Why? because you support the troops, and you beleibve in what they are doing, and that is very noble and good. Would you not call them HEROES for fighting the enemy? Of course you would..who wouldnt?

Now lets flip it around. You have these people in afghanistan and pakistan, and they percevie the U.S and probably other nations as the enemy. In their eyes, allied troops are their to kill them, possibly rape their women (thing like this have happened, albeit on a small scale) etc etc. Now suppose you are a young pakistani girl/boy or whatever....you have no real means to fight these people. You probably dont have guns, or ammo, or other weapons of war. So you sacrifice yourself to "fight" your "enemy", and the result may be that you die but you kill 4-5 "enemies". So why wouldnt you be seen as a hero to your own people. what is sickening about that? isnt it good that they at least honour someone who they beleive has fallen to protect them?

Now, obviously, sitting back from a distance, we can use our on judgement and intelligence to see who is wrong and who is right.