View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
I have been doing mma and bjj for about 3.5 yrs, I am not all that by any stretch but I can hold my own. I focus HARD on technique so I am confident in my craft. 2 months ago a buddy of mine came in and wanted to roll. My friend has been raised on a farm his whole life, i have at least 15 lbs on him and 3.5 yrs of practice. Just because of his strength alone it took me about 8 min to submit him. I would get something and he would muscle out of it before i could lock it in. Now like I said, I aint the man so I sent him down to a friend in Hammond La. who has a Gracie bjj school and they said that after 2 wks he was tapping almost everyone.

The point is, Technique and knowledge is only part of the fight game, and it can be taught, natural ability and strength cant be taught and when served up in big enough portions, it can overcome technique. You dont have to believe me but I bet Randy does.
QFT

Ive been doing bjj for about7.5 months and after winning my bracket I did the absolute under 200 and I managed to beat one of Renzo's blue belts by 2 points by just being quicker and stronger then him and I just normaly ended up on top when we got into scrambles(alot of this was luck)and the final score was 12 10. yea then I got killed by his coach in the next round (he was a BB under Renzo)and I think I stalled for almost 3 mins then got tapped with the score 9-2 (I think he let me sweep him)

Last edited by Jason 16; 07-03-2009 at 08:33 PM.