View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 06:36 PM
BigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wescott
I am also going to try to find God again. I know he is always with me, but I haven't felt his presence since a year or two. I have not been born again and I can kind of feel this hole in my spiritual life that I think if I fill, I may be changed for the much better.
-Chris

Chris, your biggest need is to be born again. I was a very religious person until 18. I had religion but I didn't have a relationship with Jesus. At 18, I repented of my sins and put my trust in Christ and what He did on the cross for my sins. I was born again. My life has been greatly changed. We can't fill the spiritual holes by ourselves. Jesus must do that. Too many people try to change, or reform their lives. Jesus is the one that can change or reform. A church can't change you and good works won't save you but Jesus can. I am not saying, don't go to church or do good works but what I am saying is that we must be born again and that has to be done by faith in Christ.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, and no man can go to the Father but by Him.

By the way, Nate, that was great advice.