Thread: Quandry
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
The problem is like this. I got badly burned by the church and although I loved to work in the Cathedral I felt that GOD had kinda barred me from that work again.

I wouldnt apply to any Cathedral, it would need to be large and within a big city for me to want to go. Sailsbury is sorta like that...half of me doesnt want to apply if its just a waste of time and they are gonna reject me...half of me doesnt want to apply because ive started to get my self established up here...and its not really the right financial time to change jobs if you ain certain

...but part of me would really like to give up and just go back into the Church again
Well, remember, Nathan's post about "self-esteem" how they used the example of the guy who tries out for football, but isn't picked. How he would probably have been third-string and never played so he should look at it that he should try something else that might turn out to be something he is really good at instead of feeling "rejected". In other words, maybe football wasn't the right thing for him and there is something else he was meant to do more.

Instead of looking at it like God "barred" you from the Church, maybe you should look at it like it wasn't meant for you to be there at that particular time (no matter how it came about--"politics", etc...). God may have been "protecting" you from being in a bad situation with people who would only try to make your life miserable. I believe things happen or don't happen for a reason in our lives. Search your heart, Dave, and really think about the pros and cons of applying and possibly getting this job and how it would affect/change things at this point in your life.

For example, would you have to give up something you really enjoy doing or that you're really good at in order to take this job and would it be worth it to you--the trade-off. But if you do decide to apply and they don't pick you, don't think of it as them "rejecting" you (I know it's hard not to look at it like that), but rather that that isn't where you're meant to be at this time and maybe God needs you somewhere else fulfilling His purpose. Ask God to put you where He needs you, Dave; who knows, it might be the very place "you" are wanting to be.

God Bless!