View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 01:24 PM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
So, Valesquez sounds only Mexican? What about Honduras, Belize, El Salvador, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Spain (Europe), the Philippines (Asia), Argentina, Peru, Venezuela, etc.?

At least Davis is known as Welsh, Irish, or French. Go study some Irish genealogy Dave. Trust me, I know some of it, my last name is Fitzgerald

Besides, there are plenty of blacks who've lived in America for 10 generations or more, and they still claim to be African American. So why aren't they being blasted? Let's get Jesse Jackson on the phone!

Let's see, my family came here in the 1850s and I'm 1/8 Sioux Indian, so that makes me Irish Native American. I'm going to start living in a teepee and eating lucky charms.

I think this just comes down to Tydurn defending a fellow Brit because really its baseless. People, generations removed, from the place of their familys origin claim and are excepted as, at least in part, by who their ancestors were. Theres no harm in that and I believe that is a very honest embrace of who they are as people. Argueing basically people that do this are posers is blind and nonsensical. I'm sure any full blooded Irish person who saw Davis coming in saluting Ireland was overjoyed, and is def a Davis fan now.