View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 04:41 PM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
See, WHY would you even respond with that post?
I responded with that post because that is the post I responded with.

Quote:
You are only out to rip on conservatives. You could have easily gathered what Letterman said, based on what I posted (but I am sure you think I am probably lying), or done a simple Google or YouTube. It would have taken you two minutes to do.
I'm not out to rip on conservatives. I may rip on some of their policies, just as you and others like to rip on non-conservative policies. I was honest with you in not having heard about it until here. Would you rather I lied about it? Why would I think you are lying about it? You seem to be honest and haven't shown me any reasons to think of you as a liar. After I posted my response yesterday, I did search for the original source material and heard it with my own ears.

Quote:
Instead, you try to make a comparison to something Rush Limbaugh said that WAS ALSO OUT OF LINE. You cannot justify bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior. Nobody is on here justifying what Rush said. Also, if you did miss what Letterman said, then you have not been watching the news all week.
Yes, I brought up the Rush quote to show that conservatives also play that game. I wanted to keep it balanced. You are correct in that I haven't watched the news all week.

Quote:
It does NOT matter that Bristol Palin had a daughter out of wedlock, yet still preaches abstinence.
Yes it does. Practice what you preach.

Quote:
How old are you Buzzard? You cannot be a mature adult, or much of a man if you think it's okay to take shots at young girls, especially one who ONLY HAS A PLATFORM BECAUSE OF HER MOM'S POLITICAL POPULARITY. I DON'T CARE IF SHE IS 18 or 14. It shows NO class, and is a defenseless action in my opinion.
She is a young adult now, and became a public figure because of her mother and then because of herself when she allowed herself to be interview by a big news agency. Letterman's joke seemed more of a jab at A-rod and the other guy he joked about rather than Bristol. I'm not saying the joke was a class act, in fact it wasn't. It still was just a joke. Did you see the response from Letterman about it? I almost think that Sarah Palin used that to keep herself in the spotlight.

Quote:
If 10 years from now, Bristol is preaching one thing and doing another, and still has any sort of significant public platform, then you would have a case for taking shots at her. However, a young girl who is trying to do the right thing in her heart after making a mistake is not somebody you should be talking crap about. It's shows very little moral fiber to do so.
It sure hasn't stopped members of this forum from taking shots at another in the news young female celebrity. I sure didn't see you say anything about how it showed a lack of moral fiber to those that participated in that thread. I think it would be safe to say that I have a strong moral code which I follow, and I do it for myself. You judging me makes me laugh.

Just remember, if you put yourself in the spotlight, don't complain about the attention, good or bad. For the record, I too thought the joke was in bad taste.