View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I really don't think they stand much chance, not to be a negative Nancy or anything....

I guess that when it comes right down to it, I don't put much stock in the people of Iran, or a lot of Muslim nations to actually stand up against tyrannical regimes. If the Muslim world as a whole cannot condemn and try to help combat terrorist regimes like the Taliban and Al-whatever, what makes you think the people of Iran can actually stand up to Akmeddidabob...or whoever he is.

I know I sound crude by misspelling their names, but I don't care anymore. I am sick of having to look up how to spell that crap.
It worked in Zimbabwe with Robert Mugabe! He now has to power share with the guy he claimed didnt beat him in the ellections. It was unheard of for the supporters of the other guy to actually stand up to the government. They went public and piled on the pressure

You see Iran told these people not to protest. But the protest was a FIVE MILE LONG group of people. The Government simply wasnt expecting the people to dare to defy. So far nothing more then one supporter wounded and a few cars on fire.

Now the Chinese would have sent in the Military by now...but the Islamist Government is still reeling in shock that the people have dared, en masse, peacfully, to actually react.

Quite honnestly, they have never been in this situation, and may not know what to do...especially as now the whole world is watching and guess whose side they appear to be on.