View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan47
Before the server crash, or whatever the problem was, there was a lot of intense discussion here about the problems with EUF 8, most of which centered around Junie Browning, although there were other issues. As I recall, and Tyburn may want to correct me on this, he had argued rather strongly that the show would give the wrong idea of what MMA was about.

Looking back on that, I can see his point. Yesterday, to clear out DVR space, I deleted the TUF 8 stuff but not before watching some of it. Bader and a couple of the other fighters were very good although that got lost in all the crap.

So why was that done? Marketing I would guess. I think the same thing was done with this season. Wasn't this just a ploy to hype Bisping some more? Not that he needed that. Or was there something else? I just don't get it.
Yes. See, Mike is wrong about TUF in England, its already been noticed in England, so there is no need to specifically put up poor Americans to break England.

There is however, some need to reaffirm Michael Bisping. He seems to be the ONLY English guy they actually push, even though there are several others of equal worth.

This, if anything, has simply been "The Michael Bisping Show" and I havent really enjoyed it. They have simply swapped one ill for another. Alright so there is less stupidity in the house...but now they are focusing on Michael Bisping who is hardly a good representative for England. Most of them are in Cage Rage and ignored by the UFC, or they are only brought out on special occasions to fight infront of an English crowd THAT ALREADY KNOWS THEM

What the UFC actually need to do is start putting the Europeans on the American Cards, and the Americans on the European Cards. Stop Marketting our own fighters to our own selves, with your brand mark attached. We dont want to see Bisping, we've been seeing him for years. We want to see Randy Couture, or Georges Saint Pierre. We also want our Cards to represent the Structure of a TRUE Numbered event...we dont want a UFN level card, with one single American bout at its head.

I dont know what it stands for but there was an advert from BAMMA A British something of MMA which is starting to be broadcast on Bravo. Better hope the Setanta deal doesnt collapse...or else suddenly the UFC might be left high and dry without an access point into the British Market all together. They are being marginalized by Virgin, and some British upstart has stolen the Bravo gap...what will they do? Turn to Sky One