Thread: new...again
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntereo
sure... if they're going in that straight axled 55 and I get to stomp on it when it's done! actually we dont do automotive machine, just new parts.
That would be the destination!! I worked in a machine shop for a while when i was younger. We did the same kinda work , just new parts for bigger corporations . I built fender blocks for caterpillar 797 dump trucks and on certain days i get to turn out pieces for ac compressors on saturn cars on the cnc . Tell ya what pal , i dont think i envy you lol. I imagine your shop is alot nicer than this one though . At 6 oclock int he morning i would walk back to my mill and bandsaw stuck back int he corner , surrounded by rusty iron , the windows on the building were so dirty the sunlight wouldnt shine through . In the winter it was freezing because some of the windows were busted and the only heat in my part of the shop area was a little wood stove . I would start at 6 int he morning and get off at 5:30. They paid me 7 dollars an hour and charged the companies 50 dollars an hour for my labor. it was like working in a 3rd world country lol.

Finally had enough one day when a good buddy of mine had been killed ina bike wreck . I took the afternoon off to go to his funeral and the next morning the shop foreman tore into me because i went to the funeral . He didnt like getting grabbed by the shirt when i attempted to take him to the parking lot , smached his favorite coffee cup to try to get him to swing at me lol. I called it quits that day and am soooooo glad i did.