View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 08:35 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
I think my statement is more accurate. I don't know any gay folks now that I am aware of. The ones I knew before and those I worked with stated that they always felt how they did, and didn't just decide to be gay. I think it's a slightly ridiculous assumption to think people would choose to be something which brings such a stigma upon themselves. I believe some may have chosen to be in that lifestyle, but not everyone. I could be wrong, but that's the way I see it. I can respect that you don't like it, I don't really think about it except when participating in a discussion such as this. I think we have both said our pieces on this issue and I can accept that we disagree on this issue.
I don't really think about it outside of these types of discussions either, and I agree with you that if people want to be gay, it really has no direct effect on my life. However, I have my own personal theories about what makes people gay that I have formulated over time in knowing people who are gay, and the small amount of reading I have done on the subject. Personally, I think it's a psychological disorder that is almost always onset by some sort of childhood trauma. It does not always mean they were sexually abused, as I think it can be a number of things that cause it.

I also think that a lot of people who say they have just "always felt that way" are either omitting some of the truth, or they have some deeply repressed issues that they never dealt with. Almost like they have been lying to themselves for so long they actually believe it's true. That is just MY personal opinion, and I don't say that to be offensive to anybody in any way.

I too, respect that we share a difference of opinion.