View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 07:47 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Nope, from the good old USA. I actually misstated the life, liberty, pursuit of happiness as being from the Constitution originally, but clarified it as being from the DOI. While I don't know the constitution by heart, I am familiar enough with it to know what needs to be known, and if I have questions, I'll look it up.

The majority of people won't be the ones being denied marriage. You can still keep your views while allowing them to be married.

There are many marriage benefits which you are unaware of, doesn't mean that they aren't there.

Do you ridicule them because they wish to be legally joined? If so, why?
Oh, I thought you were from Canada for some reason, my bad! Where r u from?

1. Well, no, I can't actually keep my views and allow them "marriage" as you say, because I will admit, as I already did, it is partially about semantics.

2. Okay, you are right, there are other benefits, but they are relatively small unless you have children. You know that, and I know that. Sure, they are there, and I don't really care if gay people get them, but you are still asking me to change my belief structure by giving them those same rights. It may sound silly, but it's true. As long as it's an issue that is being put up for a vote, you are going to get a majority vote against it because most people just don't think it's right.

3. I try not to ridicule them at all, because in my view they are just sinners, no better or worse than any of us. I just don't approve of the homosexual way of life, and it's not something I will ever see myself condoning. Does that make sense to you?