View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 04:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
The ones who are against it have nothing to lose, therefor it doesn't hurt them emotionally or financially. Imagine if you were told you weren't allowed to marry the one you love and wished to be bonded with for life, enjoying the liberties and freedoms that a marriage entails.
Liberties and freedoms? Obviously you've never been married.

Quote:
I'm actually disappointed in those who wish to deny others the benefits in which they are entitled to, namely marrying the one they love.
I would disagree. Marriage is not a right, it's a privilege, and no one is entitled to it. In fact, why are people entitled to these benefits just because they get married? Why can't a single person enjoy some of these benefits and entitlements as well?

Show me where the Constitution guarantees the "right of marriage."

I personally believe that the government shouldn't even be involved in the marriage business. Either you get married in a church or you don't get married at all. What about atheists? You ask. Why do atheists care about marriage in the first place?

Quote:
Evidence has already been offered up to you to show that there is a strong possibility that being gay is not a choice for some. You just don't accept it. I think the blacks that voted against it are just as wrong as any other people of any other race who voted against it.
Yeah, I remember, your "evidence" wasn't evidence at all. The only people it convinced were those who already believed that people are born gay. Not to mention those people who are dumb enough to believe that the internet is a reliable source of information.

Quote:
I don't need to as I know where they stand on that issue. I disagree with them on that issue and others believe it or not.
But it shoots down your silly notion that this is somehow tied with racism.

Quote:
We've been through this before. We are not a democracy, but a republic. Remember when Tyburn added that we were a federal republic?
We are also a government of, by and for the people. Our government is a servant to the will of the people, not the other way around.