View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 02:59 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
It shows that the people are still in control of their own government. There might be a lot of people supporting gay marriage, but there are obviously a lot more against it.
The ones who are against it have nothing to lose, therefor it doesn't hurt them emotionally or financially. Imagine if you were told you weren't allowed to marry the one you love and wished to be bonded with for life, enjoying the liberties and freedoms that a marriage entails.

Quote:
Seriously? I'm disappointed in you. I actually believed you were smarter than this. It's irrelevant, the two issues are completely unrelated.
I'm actually disappointed in those who wish to deny others the benefits in which they are entitled to, namely marrying the one they love.

Quote:
Obviously the blacks in California can understand the difference between race (something you are born into) and sexual preference (something you choose), because they were the deciding factor for passing the gay marriage ban in California.
Evidence has already been offered up to you to show that there is a strong possibility that being gay is not a choice for some. You just don't accept it. I think the blacks that voted against it are just as wrong as any other people of any other race who voted against it.

Quote:
Why don't you ask Obama and Biden about how they feel about interracial marriage? Because last I checked they both opposed gay marriage as well.
I don't need to as I know where they stand on that issue. I disagree with them on that issue and others believe it or not.

Quote:
We showed them that America is still a Democracy and they're views are still in the minority. That's all that matters.
We've been through this before. We are not a democracy, but a republic. Remember when Tyburn added that we were a federal republic?