View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 04:50 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Warner didn't have control of the ball when his hand started coming forward. He was pulling it back, got hit & the defender put his hand on the ball, then the arm came forward. Fumble, Steelers recover, Ring #6!!!

Great game, though, JB, it was a fantastic contest all 60min!!
I give mad credit to the Steelers, especially seeing how they manage to keep finding a way to win with such an inconsistent QB. That being said...

I'm not one who is too big on conspiracy theories, but that officiating STUNK! It's no secret that not a lot people actually like the Cardinals, and the NFL is set to make a lot more money in merchandise with the Steelers being the champs. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

I mean c'mon...some of those penalties against AZ were absolute GARBAGE, and I counted at least 2 or 3 times that they did not call Roughing the Passer on Pittsburgh when they should have.

As for the last "fumble". I strongly DISAGREE. I felt like Kurt had forward motion before the ball was knocked loose, and I watched it multiple times. Regardless, the bottom line is, they did not even bother to review it. They just said, NOPE... Steelers win. What a load of crap. This is the damn Super Bowl, they could have at least reviewed the play.

Santonio Holmes came through, I give him props, and AZ waited too long to spread the receivers out and try getting it to Larry Fitzgerald. Really though, Pittsburgh got lucky, 7 or 8 out of 10 times that pass to Holmes for the last TD is getting picked off. Amazing catch, good for him.