View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

"It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in the place, which you have dishonoured by your contempt of virtue, and defiled by your practise of every vice. Ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government, ye are a pack of mercenary wretches and would, like Esau, seel your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas, betray you GOD for a few piece of money. Is there a single virtue now remaining amoungst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion then my horse, Gold is your God which of you have not bartered your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amoungst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth? Ye sordid prostitutes, have you not defiled this sacred place and turned the Lords Temple into a den of theives by your immoral principles and wicked practise? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation, you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redressed and are yourselves become the greatest grivance. Your country therefore calls upon me to cleanse this augean stable, by putting a final period to your iniquitous proceedings in this House, and which, by GODs help, and the strength he hath given me, I am now come to do. I command ye therefore upon the peril of your lives to depart immediately, out of this place, go, get you out, make haste, ye venal slaves be gone, so, take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors. In the Name of GOD...GO"

Saying that to the Parliament at the time was deeply hurtful. If you said that to Parliament now...it would have no effect...because it relies upon the Parliament claiming to be religious in the first place!! Even the Church/State thing is institutionalized, between the Queen and the Church...NOT the Government and the Church...like it was supposed to be.

AND to answer Ben...I've highlighted in RED what the job of the Government is supposed to be from the English perspective. I'd Ask Ben if that be the purpose of His Government, as he stated rather then as I stated...what is his Military there for? Isnt it the Militaries role to protect from invasion, and fight to ensure liberties...thats Military...not Governmental..surely?