Thread: Death Penalty
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 03:40 AM
Buzzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
First of all I wasnt come off sassy, but since you wanna go there lets do it!
What in the world would this demonic woman be able to accomplish with the rest of her life? I believe your punishment should fit your crime. Gee spending the rest of your life behind bars with access to food, water, shelter, mail, visitors.....blah, blah, blah that is worse punishment? Sounds like the good life! Some people are sleeping on benches and in parks and most of them cowards in prison that committed these sick crimes are at Club Med...Oh at the expense of us taxpayers!
You get sassy all you wish, I'll choose to remain focused.

I responded to you not in a sassy way, but just wanted you to know that I have qualified my opinion in the knowledge of what went on with my co-worker. We had a very good friendship and work relationship. I still miss her to this day and my co-workers and I talk about her quite often, even though it was over 14 years ago that this horrible crime happened.

I don't want to do a bunch of what ifs, but I can if you wish me to answer your first question with the examples I can give. I don't know about you, but I sure wouldn't think of life in prison as being anything other than a living hell.

Here is the page which lead me to the quote I gave above. There is much to read through there, and I won't be able to get through it all tonight. Not that I need those pages or arguments to define my opinion, but I do like the opportunity to possibly learn something new which will also help me to become a better person.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/reli...-death-penalty

From http://www.usccb.org/sdwp/criminal.shtml

Quote:
Renewing Our Call to End the Death Penalty
In these reflections, we bishops have focused on how our faith and teaching can offer a distinctive Catholic perspective on crime and punishment, responsibility and rehabilitation. These reflections do not focus on the death penalty as our primary concern. In this context, however, we wish to renew our call for an end to capital punishment.
I chose to use this page first and foremost because of which religion I was originally brought up in.