View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 06:53 PM
ufcfan2

Politics is a touchy subject like religion you press one wrong button that a person does'nt agree with they go on the attack. I don't wanna label myself dem or rep,conservitive,liberal as labeling just plain sucks,but I guess its easier to attack a person if they are labled something different than you.
Samewith religion,I'm not religious and nor do I want to be. I do find some of the stories interesting to listen to and read about. Though I find religion divides ppl as I get tired of hearing were doing this for the name of our god blah blah blah...
Now back on topic. I voted for Obama,sole reason was I did'nt wanna take a chance of Palin becoming President. I personally think McCain would of been a better President than Bush was,and I just think he made a critical error with Palin.
Obama's main issue imo is his lack of experience amongst other things. I give him some credit for surrounding himself with diverse group of politicians. I'm not gonna grade him on his 100days as I'd rather judge him when its time to re-elect him. I understand ppl have issues with his bowing,and other foreign issues,but Bush had his fair share of bad moments. I wanna give Obama time to get stuff done and to focuse on his stimulas package issues is a little premature(would ppl say the samething if Bush had similar issues). Yes, I don't agree with all the 'Pork' in his packages. I'd like to see what in it really as I'm sure somethings are possibly warrented/needed.
Far as not talking about Bush anymore? Why not,just cause hes not president anymore does'nt disclude him from any discussions. If your a Bush lover thats fine,but this should'nt disallow ppl from bringing him up.
Now Bush was he as evil as the media made him out to be? I personally don't think he was a 'saint' and I thought he focused too much on the war on terror in every speech. Was this pulling the wool over the sheeps eyes I don't know he seemed he did'nt wanna talk about anything else.
I think each Presidency has a major issue to focus on and takes focus and alot of critism;bush had 9/11 and Obama has the economy problem. To be fair I think Obama's issue is far more serious than what Bush went thru(not taking away from the Twin Towers,loss of troops etc.) anywho,each to their own