View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
I have got to say that this is an unfair thing to pull on the man.

He likes to be warm in his office, fair enough, im sure you all want the best conditions for the man in charge of running the country.

To then put this by the WW2 Veteran freezing to death is a little emotive. Its a terrible thing to happen but im sure that this thing that malfunction wasnt Obama's fault.

Was it Obama's direct policy that meant this man had this limiter?

Where was his family or friends, if he was incapicitated is there no homecare to ensure he doesnt freeze.

I just think this is a long call to call Obama a president.

Looks like throwing dirt to me when unwarrented.
I haven't any problems with the guy being warm, we all should be. However, Obama currently wants to pass legislation that does to every house and business in the U.S., exactly what happened to this old man - puts a limiter on their energy output. Meanwhile, Obama will have a nice cozy office while his energy legislation will force businesses to limit energy expenditures, thus, decreasing productivity (studies have proven productivity in certain temperature ranges) and people to freeze (to death in some cases) in their homes.

Furthermore, there was no malfunction of the machine. It did its' purpose - turning off the energy to the guy's house while the temperature was well below freezing outside.

Really, forget about the guy who died. Obama deliberately says we can't keep our homes at 72, yet he has the temperature well above 72. That's hypocrisy and as our President, he should be leading by example.