View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 09:19 AM
timmyja

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
There's actually evidence that the polar ice caps are expanding, not shrinking. There is also a group of over 600 scientists (and growing) who claim that the entire "global warming" thing is bunk. So, in the face of so much conflicting evidence and contradictory theories, it's best to just say that none of these people have any idea of what they are talking about.

Personally, I think the flaw in global warming is that it is based on an Evolutionary timetable. We've only been measuring the melting of the ice caps for maybe a century, so saying that it's become rapidly accelerated is just speculation. If you go by the young earth theory (which is what the Bible would support), then the glaciers have probably only existed for a few thousand years (probably from the Great Flood in Genesis) and they've probably been melting since then. So if you take the amount that the glaciers have receded over the course of a few thousand years and stretch it out over billions of years, then of course any melting we observe today is going to appear frighteningly accelerated.

What global warming amounts to is just a bunch of alarmists and opportunists trying to cash in on artificially-produced mass hysteria.
I think I'm going to have to agree with you. The theories are definitely contradictory, especially in the sense that the scientists are claiming that the vehicles we drive are releasing harmful C02.. Again, I'm not a genius, but I always understood that when crazy suicidal people are running garden hoses to the exhaust pipes in their car to off themselves that they are in actuality yearning for the CO (carbon monoxide). If carbon dioxide is such a threat, what do the scientists suggest we do? Do we stop breathing? The polar ice cap theory really makes absolutely no sense to me, if the sunlight is hitting the equator and the poles are for the most part dark, I don't see where the reflection is coming from. I think you're right... definitely a product of mass hysteria. Probably lining somebody's pockets pretty good, too. Kinda like the Nibiru 2012 crap, it makes for a cool sci-fi story but other than that...bunk. People are ridiculous nowadays