View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Administrator

I could probably come up with a million sob stories for why we supposedly need socialized healthcare. My mom is an epileptic and I remember food being pretty scarce in our house as a kid because her medication was so expensive. Then my dad got his neck broken in a car accident and suddenly there were no adults in our house who could work and we were living off of worker's compensation. Eventually, my brother and I had to take jobs during the summer just we could survive.

However, I still think it's a horrible idea for the government to take over healthcare, because I know that it doesn't work.

They can't even competently run the healthcare that they've promised to our soldiers and veterans. There's no way that they are going to be able to take care of the entire American population.

People also need to learn a measure of self-sufficiency, if you run to the doctor every time you get a sniffle, then of course your healthcare costs are going to be through the roof. Most people can solve their own health issues just by exercising, eating right, not smoking, not drinking in excess and NOT over medicating themselves when they do get sick.