View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt
while we are talking about it, can someone please explain people's rage against welfare and medicare, but not the school system?

I'm tired of paying for a school system for other people's kids. I don't have kids in school, why should my taxes be paying for it. In fact the schools are so bad, i won't be sending my kids to them anyways.

So as far as i am concerned the school system is one giant welfare system too. People should pay for their kids educations. Actually I understand helping with food and health, but education is not a right, in anyone's interpretation.
Thats interesting.

Its in the interests of National Security and the Economy to educate people. See in England its illegal not to send your children to school...heck, the parents can end up in court if their children skip class to often! Better education opens more possiblities (hence Economy) and makes people more aware....I know its a stereotype but the figures are that crime rates and stuff soar in areas of low education...partly because they have nothing better to do, know no differently, and are unable to live without illegally gaining food. If you are uneducated, you cant get a job, if you have no job, you have no money, if you have no money...how do you eat without involving yourself in theaft of some kind??

So perhaps you should think of it as paying for a certain level of low crime, I'm sure crimes are bad...but with no education they would be far worse