View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
You act like greedy people don't know any better. You can educate them all you want but that doesn't mean they won't still be greedy.

Lunacy.
Exactly.

I actually do agree with Dave on the credit card issue. In fact, the whole credit market is really just a modern form of slavery. Especially when people don't seem to know what their limits are. For those people who can handle credit responsibly, then there isn't a problem. However, those people who abuse credit and then just live the rest of their lives only being able to pay the minimum monthly payments, those people are essentially slaves to the banks and credit card companies.

I've stated this before, Dave just has a short memory.

However, when you combine this with raising taxes for ALL Americans (the "cap and trade" energy bill will be the biggest tax increase in American history and it will affect EVERYONE, not just those Obama defines as "rich"), then people are going to be so burdened with new taxes that they simply won't be able to give.

Finally, I highly doubt this will affect the tithing habits of loyal Christians. GOD has proven to many of us that, when we can't afford to give but give anyway, that's when GOD blesses our lives the most.

So, I don't believe this is going to shut down churches in America. However, it will severely hurt the secular charities like the Red Cross, Goodwill, etc.