View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
I disagree. If I get married without any mention of a god, it is not a christian ceremony. The idea and concept of marriage is a lot older than Christianity.
Actually, I agree. In fact, if you read the Bible, then you will see that the very first "human institution" that GOD created was a marriage, not a church. A relationship, not a religion.

So, yes, technically it predates the religion of Christianity. However, since it was created by GOD to be a bond between a man and a woman, then it's not our place as humans to redefine that in any way.

The problem here is the idea of civil marriages that are carried about by a judge and completely free of any religious or spiritual establishment. Those never existed in ancient times.

However, this is just the beginning. If gay marriage is legalized, then expect the polygamists in Utah to get permission to marry multiple spouses. Then the pedophiles will be fighting for the "right" to marry young children. After that, I guess we'll get people trying to marry animals. Once you allow immorality to get a foot in the door, then it's just a matter of time before the entire house is torn down.