View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I agree.

Who cares if somebody put their hand on the Queen's back? Seriously, their are so many more things in this world to gripe about. I realize that it is tradition and part of the culture, but people take it WAY to seriously. Times change, people change.

Some stupid terrorist loving reporter whips his shoes at our leader and 90% of our country laughed their ass off. Somebody touches the Queen "inappropriately" and Britain is up in arms. I just don't get it.
Its like this

when your a visitor in our country, you follow our rules. Its about being polite, manners cost nothing. You might think there is more to life then complaining about an act of rudeness...but its not much to ask of the Presidents Wife...

If you had the Prime Minister in your country, and he did something unconstitutional...how would you feel? How would you then feel if people in England were like "well its only a constitution, its not even that old, there is far more to complain about then a brit breaking the constitution on a visit to the United States"

There are all kinds of rules, that they will have been briefed on. Michelle would have been told not to inappropriately touch the Queen. Its not like she didnt know, or wasnt told. She probably forgot, and probably didnt really think it important.

There are other rules...rules I had to learn when working at Saint Paul's Cathedral, about not turning your back to certain people. I remember once when I forgot, I had just led in London for a Friday Eucharist, and we bowed infront of the Altar, then we were supposed to bow to each other...He bowed to me, but I walked away...so he Bowed to my back

He actually asked the Canon Precentor if he had done something to offend me, because what I did by turning away was unspeakably rude, and, uncommon for me.

I'd just forgotten...and I went and appologised after the service of course