View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
When the nurses and hospital security actually came out and verified the man's story, then the police officer should have backed off.

The guy had no sense of compassion or common sense and we don't need police officers like that.

What he SHOULD have done was to let the people into the hospital and taken the man's driver's license. He could have waited for them to leave the hospital and then hand them the ticket, or just have the guy go to the police station to pick up his license and his ticket.

Running a stop sign is not even a jailable offense and does not justify forcing a man to miss the last few moments of a family member's life for some bureaucratic bullcrap.

What I see here is just some young punk on a power trip who has no business being a police officer.
Moose if you were talking to me, I was saying the "cop" was being an ass.

I think he was one of those in uniform, unfortunately, that use their badge to show others that he's the man. He's not wearing it to "protect and serve"; he's wearing it to show you who's boss. Those type of cops are dangerous for the very fact they carry a badge and gun.