View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
I still feel weird about Lesnar, hes a tremendous athlete and was a phenomenal collegiate wrestler, but he still did fake wrestling. Call it "predetermined" and say "the injuries are real!" all you want, its still just a giant Soap Opera and silly dramatics.

It really changed Lesnar for the worst; compare Sherk or Hughes (two strong wrestlers from the midwest) before, during and after a fight. And now look at what Lesnar does after he spent years in the WWE.

The last few seconds of his Heath Herring 'fight' really sealed it for me. He ran around the ring for the last few seconds cheering and then when Herring pounced, the horn sounded and the fight was over, the ref broke them up, and Lesnar pointed at his face and laughed. He clearly is still stuck on putting on a show and making a spectacle.

He will never be a true Mixed Martial Artist, hes like a Kimbo, and he is just capitalizing on his freakish size and fame.
That's a pretty lame statement. He didn't do anything like that in his fight with Randy.

The guy beat Randy by a freaking TKO. The guy's a REAL fighter and he can definitely use his size, power, and wrestling ability to control the fight where he wants it. That alone gives him a tremendous advantage over anybody he will ever face in the UFC or any MMA organization. He may never be a true MMA, but if he can use his wrestling ability alone to control the pace of the fight, how's that any different than what Gracie did with his BJJ back in the day?

And get over it. Brad Pitt used to wear a chicken outfit when he worked for El Pollo Loco. Now he's one of the hottest/sexiest male actors in the world.

Last edited by rockdawg21; 03-27-2009 at 10:23 PM.