View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 05:27 AM
kyle

Default Pray for our troops

As some of you may know, the U.S. military's suicides have increased. My Battalion has lost 5 soldiers in less than a year, due to suicide. And 3 of them since December.

Well last night (18Mar) we lost another soldier, and this one was in my company. He suffered from PTSD and was on terminal leave, he was 12 days from being out of the Army and he decided to end his life. This unit i'm in is filled with soldiers that suffer from TBI, PTSD or lost a limb. So it is very depressing.

I've been fighting to stay in the military for the last year now, and I finally got some good news this week. Their going to let me be a Squad leader here at the WTU. So now I will have a very difficult challenge of working with these soldiers that have these problems, as well as my own issues. I know I can do it, I just hope I can stay strong and keep doing what ever I can to help these other soldiers out, because were losing to many fine young warriors.

I just ask if you can maybe say a prayer for these soldiers and their families. I'm sorry if this is a little long, but I felt I needed to say something, and I know a lot of you are pretty good listeners.

Thanks for listening,

Kyle