View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 03:25 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Why is Duane Ludwig leaving Alpha Male
Duane is from Colorado and I heard he really wanted to go back and work on his gyms. He is still going to work with Dillashaw and I would be willing to bet on Mendes also.

Quote:
I think that TJ Dillashaw is the person to out impress when it comes to possibilities for Fighter of The Year 2014
I think he will have to defend once to win FOTY, still early in the year and there are some huge matchups to come.

Quote:
You know I do like Renan Barao, and I desperately wanted him to win the championship proper when they ousted Cruz because he had held it as interim for so long he deserved it in his own right...but beyond that which he did, I didnt really have any preference beyond thinking that Renan would probably win because TJ Dillashaw bearly sparks up on anyone's register. That has to be considered a meteoric rise...but I don't know how long I think he will be able to hold it for.
I figured TJ had no chance as I, and many, underestimated his striking. I figured he would have to rely on his wrestling and if someone like Faber couldn't take him down, how was TJ going to.

Quote:
Robbie Lawler had a good showing, and he really needed that as well, its vital for him to remain at contender ship level...and at least this fight keeps him on the map for a possible championship rematch.
Robbie looked good and this should have solidified his rematch. If not, he can smash Matt Brown and end his hype.