View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 03:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Well if "everyone" has any common sense or logical thinking at all they already know wrong doing is a given where human beings are concerned especially where humans and politics are concerned. Both parties have their agendas just like the unions do, it's called self-preservation. Everything revolves around their election and re-election. Why would anyone think either party is interested in solving our problems especially since they're the ones guilty of creating them. Spock would say that would be highly illogical.

As for President Obama:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ag4nkSh7Q

Bonnie, in England, we are talking about in these kinds of elections LESS then 50% of those who can vote, actually voting...and most do it for exactly your reason above...they believe that all the parties are 1) as dumb as each other 2) pretty much the same despite their pre-election promises...and they may be right

In Ancient Rome, only those who were effectively trained in politics could vote...I really think that votes should be compulsory...coz I always say that you shouldn't complain if you haven't voted, because even if your vote makes no difference, it means you have asserted your opinion and therefore allowed to comment on the outcome.

I was talking, just today, to an American colleague at work called Patti about these sorts of things. She told me that if the Federal Union decide to impose a nation wide rule and a State has a problem, then often the Federal Union will withdraw its support in other areas, particularly financially, which reminded me of something that Nathan told me once, that he knew of a State which had done that, and so the Federation decided not to spend money on maintaining all their roads, and they were all crumbled and potholed We should be under no illusion that, frankly, what we have in both our countries, is still a dictator at heart. It may not be a single person...but it will have its own agenda, which has nothing to do with anything except preservation and expansion...and if you don't do what they say, they will hold you hostage in some way. Most are largely benign, short lived dictatorships...but they are nevertheless elected dictators...once they are in you have no control over them until the next election...and if you want to be realllllly cynical, you can question...particularly in the United States how the difficult way of elections can make things so complicated with electoral colleges that, you wouldnt spot a case of fraud if it was done in plain sight

How do we really know that our democratic societies are anything but a smokescreen....coz you have to be nuts to trust any of them!

What we should do is all work together to get Bonnie into the White House, and myself into Downing Street...THEN our Two Great Nations would really see a "special relationship" and real "change"