View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 05:27 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Wow, another Catholic-hating thread. Lovely to see the ignorance and prejudice on display once again.
I haven't felt any hate or animosity in this thread. (well, except from Dave towards Nate. lol) And obviously there is ignorance here, that is why Michelle made the thread. To ask questions and to learn. This is something that I will not deny that I am ignorant in. And even if I chose not to believe as Catholics believe that doesn't mean that I will try to condemn them for their beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
imo, that's pretty much it .. and it is the same in all religions ... for anyone to say they are right is laughable ... having faith is one thing, but to slag others because they have a different view is a joke ... religions are based on stories passed down from generation to generation .. stories change overtime .. to say you have the right version of what god intended is well, silly ..
But that is what it is supposed to be about, isn't rnc? The bible tells you that you must read the word of God, build a relationship with Him, and be wary of false teachings, false prophets, etc. Are we not told by God to decide for ourselves the right way?

If there isn't a right way then why bother?

However, I do try to refrain from 'bashing' others for what they believe. And I don't think I could ever bring myself to say 'you are going to hell. you are worshipping wrong' etc. That's not my call. But I can decide the right way for myself!

And in a thread where you are discussing what the scripture says I think its fair to point out scripture and state why you believe the way you do without being called ignorant or hateful or being accused of bashing/slagging another religion.