View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Exactly

So if anyone has the right to happiness...I guess its fine for anyone to do anything they want, at the expense of anyone else...and claim its GOD-Given.

A Company CEO is made happy by maximum profit...and so pays his workers as little as possible...I suppose thats fine?

A Sadist enjoys harming his Wife for fun...I suppose thats fine?

A King expects Loyalty from his Subjects....Well...That was fine until the 1770s

The Truth is...if its not in the Bible, it may not be "GOD Given" and the Bible tells us that we have naught but through Grace...and that GOD is a King...you follow Him...or you suffer eternal death.

The US Constitution, and the DOI are not Scripture, therefore they are fallable...and to say anyone should be able to go after whatever makes them happy, and put no limits on that, leaves the possibility open for Philosophers like Fredrich Nietzsche and those who enjoy some of his more dangerous philosophies like Adolf Hitler for example.
You asked the question, I gave you the answer. So you disagree? Of course you do. You're British!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Its worse then that.

All men might be born free...but did those European-American Settlers actually believe that those who were enslaved were anything but animals...and the constitution does not say that these GOD given rights are present for animals...infact, biblically speaking, animals are put on earth to serve man, and for man to take possession of.

This is why Pragmatics matter with the US Constitution....the Words are missleading from a Religious, and Ethnic point of view.
Not true at all. The idea that Africans were subhumans and little more than animals is a result of Darwin's theories. Prior to that, slavery was purely an economic necessity going all the way back to Biblical times.

Also, the Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776 and the first serious effort to ban slavery in America started in 1777. So, these men were completely aware of the disparity between American idealism and the reality.

Just because someone is a poor representative of an idea, doesn't make the idea false. If that were the case then you would just have to look at one Christian to be able to discredit all of Christianity.