View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 01:28 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I guess I need to clarify (for the smart asses -adamt lol) what I mean by judging in this conversation. I mean judging other people's sin. I am not talking about judging whether someone is safe to babysit. Nor am I talking about judging whether someone is a false prophet, etc. I am talking about judging other people's sin.

The bible tells us to judge the sin of our brothers in Christ. So if this is a fellow member of your church then, yes, you are supposed to judge them in sin. If you believe them to be sinning then you should go to them in private first. If that doesn't work then get your church involved. But I don't believe we are to be judging other religions. Paul tells us that if they believe differently from us we are to embrace them, not to debate who is right or wrong, but embrace them as a brother in Christ and agree to disagree.

I also don't believe that we are to be out here attempting to judge non-believers. And we are warned not to cast our pearls to swine. There is a reason for that. There are times when it is better to remain silent. Like when those men questioned Jesus He refused to answer. I believe he refused because He knew that they were asking to cause conflict/strife. The bible also warns us of offending others with the word of God.
(Maybe this is what bothers me about Phil's comments. Boy did it cause conflict/strife. lol)

Also, I don't believe that quoting the bible or stating your beliefs is judging someone else's sin.

Nate, your example of the man going to the doctor, well, he went to the doctor for his opinion/advice. So if someone comes to you for religious/faith-based advice then that is a different situation. You are being invited to teach/judge sin.

Last edited by Neezar; 01-08-2014 at 01:40 PM.