View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
no man .. imo, they were definitely over promoting anderson ... and now it will all be about jon jones .. and rousy ... guys like gsp, brock didn't need the promotion .. the ppv numbers are awful this year and i think gsp walked away because he felt he was a bit slighted by the ufc, particularly dana .. lets see how many ppv's hendricks or lawler sell ...
That's your opinion and mine is different. If PPV numbers were an issue, then why did this fight cost more, to make up for crappy numbers or because this fight was going to sell? My guess, probably both.

Quote:
and i agree with vizion ... anderson, yes he fought the guys who were placed in front of him, and they may not be cans, but they weren't world beaters ... i think the only person on the top 10 p4p list he fought was chael .... and rich
You can make this argument about many current and former champions: BJ Penn and Chuck Liddell are two examples. They are both considered legends and some of the greatest of all time, yet they didn't fight the world's best either and if they did they lost. It's not the fighters fault, it is the landscape of the UFC and the divisions at the time and you just accept it. Guys like GSP and Jones are benefiting from having deep divisions. Cain is about to run into the same issue as guys like BJ, there are not enough good HWs to give him a challenge. But that is just the way it is.