View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, I saw that same thing & I wasn't sure how I felt about it. Let me ask you this, though: what do you think about kids BJJ matches? Because I love seeing those little tikes go at it on competition day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRN View Post
I worry about the kids in BJJ matches because their joints can still be very loose and the strain of that kind of sport can do long term damage that they'll regret later in life. Now, when you say "kids" are you meaning like 5 years old and up or teens? I'm all for teens (12 and up) who can handle the knowledge and be responsible learning it. Before age 12, I much prefer them learning TKD or boxing with dummies to learn technique. I know some programs are super careful and make sure that when a joint lock is correct, it doesn't get cranked at all. I just worry about the competition when adrenaline runs high and you don't always realize your own strength or the other person's limits.

~Amy
They didn't specify ages, and of course, kids, like some adults, can "look" younger than their actual age, but the ones I saw appeared to look a bit younger than teens. Ben, my concerns with the kids is what Amy points out about their young bodies, and their judgment.

Ben, how do you feel about watching women fight? Also, I'm sure their are some women who could beat some men, but I don't want to see men fighting women either.