View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Nelson Mandela was the leader of Spear of the Nation [MK], the terrorist wing of the ANC. MK murdered countless people and advocated mass genocide of all white people in Africa. MK also slaughtered members of South African tribes who had gained independence or were in the process of gaining independence under the Apartheid plan.

MK was armed by the Soviet Union and trained by Cubans. When Mandela was arrested, he had a massive stockpile of landmines, hand grenades, and explosives. Joe Slovo, a Jewish man from Lithuania took command of MK when Mandela went to prison for numerous murders. Slovo later became head of the South African Communist Party.

While Mandela was in prison, his wife Winnie Mandela ordered followers to carry out numerous gruesome killings of black people she deemed to be “race traitors.” Many of the victims were women or teenage boys. They were killed by being burned alive with a gasoline soaked tire around their neck.

I'm not so upset with his passing.
He wasnt leader for very long before he was imprisoned...and I suppose it boils down to whether you believe there are causes worth fighting, physically for...I believe that when Americans do it, the tendancy is to call them patriots...no?

I mean you hear a lot about the Government coming to get your guns...so burry them...so you presumably can dig them up and use them.

Are you trying to tell me if your Government decided to move against you...you would just peacefully protest?

Is one really a terrorist..if they are fighting a corrupt Government in the first place??

Its a tricky deffinition...easy, very easy to define if the Government wins...but not so easy to define, if the leader of the rebellion, becomes the President of the Government...and decides to work WITH the Government once in power.

Is it just because the ANC won, that he is praised so much...maybe so...you know what they say...History is written by the Victors...like him or not...he won his cause, prevented a civil war, and then stopped internal retribution when he was given the legal right to carry it out. Only someone who was such a leader would be able to do that...the IRA failed when they became a political authority.

I personally think he fought for change, not for the sake of fighting, and once the change happened, he had no longer any need to fight. I think he didnt carry out retribution because he had a command over the paramilitary wing, and because he maybe regarded what was done to his creed, as something comitted during a time of war...and in war times...killings on both sides happen.

I hasten to add...I'm not sure he would have looked at himself in the same way as all the politicians that are applauding him would