View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 11:22 PM

Adriano Martins vs. Daron Cruickshank

Round 1:
Mario Yamasaki is your referee. Martins is moving forward. Cruickshank is keeping him honest with body kicks. Martins lands a solid left hand and a crisp inside leg kick. Martins pops Cruickshank with a big left which drops him to the left. Cruickshank absorbs a few hammerfists, but shakes it off and works his way back to his feet. Cruickshank seems to have no answer for Martins' big left hand. Cruickshank throws a spinning back fist. Martins lands a left hand. They hit the mat. Martins is in his half-guard. Martins first works for a Kimura, then gets a straight armbar. DC escapes it. Martins is back in half-guard. He works for another Kimura. Very impressive first round for Martins.

Round 2:
Things aren't getting any better for Cruickshank, who finds himself back on the mat in the early seconds. Martins just barely misses with a huge elbow. DC is doing his best to tie Martins up. Martins to half-guard. Martins again working for the Kimura. After a bit of a struggle, Martins really sinks it in. Cruickshank taps.

Adriano Martins def. Daron Cruickshank via submission (Kimura) at 2:29 of round two.

Nice ground game by Martins. It bothered me, though, that through the entire fight I thought I was watching Carlos Danger...

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16