View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 12:56 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
I often wonder why athletes use this verse (Philippians 4:13) ....isn't this verse talking about how God uses us through Christ who strengthens us to use for His Will?

Doesn't that Will directly intersect with the Gospel and the preaching of the Gospel to the unsaved? (I.e. the extremely vast majority of the world).

Sorry Matt, and Jon Jones...not attacking either of you but is this verse you are using meant to somehow imply that God is going to give you the strength to beat the crap out of people in the cage?

I mean...isn't that what you believe? Or am I the one who is being absurd and mistranslating this verse?
I think this verse is saying that you accept God's will and whatever comes.

I think it is talking about what you can endure through Christ and not what you can perform.

Quote:
10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. 11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ[b] who strengthens me.