View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i am not going to pretend to be an expert at this obamacare business, but i doubt a lot of doctors will be needing to go to that model "to survive" ... the problem is the medical world has been colluding for years in keeping prices high on their work and now they are just going to try whatever they can to keep their profit margins high ... sure, they have the right to do that, but i don't think they are gonna get much sympathy when they can now only afford one summer house instead of two ...
Since I work in an office and know how it works I can tell you that the amount charged by the docs for services has WAY more to do with the insurance companies than with the docs trying to make money. Yes, the docs want to live well but let's face it....they worked hard to get where they are and a lot of them have heavy school loan debt. We have to have some sort of insurance reform but Obamacare is not the way to go. It's going to drive prices higher, starting next month. This isn't about doctors trying to fleece their patients.

~Amy

My son made this for me: