View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 02:49 AM

Shogun Rua vs. Chael Sonnen

Round 1:
Herb Dean is our referee for tonight's light heavyweight main event. Sonnen immediately shoots inside for a double and gets it. Rua climbs to his feet then trips Sonnen to the canvas. Sonnen threatens for a guillotine, uses the opportunity to stand, then trips Rua, landing inside Rua's half guard. Sonnen working short punches from top position. Rua seizes double underhooks, but can't do anything with it except regain his guard. Sonnen postures up then divebombs into half guard. Sonnen is keeping a relentless pace. More short punches from Sonnen. Sonnen stands and slithers in a guillotine. Oh wow, he might have it. Sonnen lunges into guard and tightens his grip. This is deep. That's it, Rua taps.

UFC Fight Night 26 results: Chael Sonnen def. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua via submission (guillotine choke) at 4:47 of round one.

I'm glad for Chael. I picked Mauricio to win because I've always been a big fan but it was hard to pick between them. You never know which Shogun will show up, though. Kudos to Chael!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16